North Lanarkshire Housing and Social Work Welfare Rights Advice Service offer a wide range of services to people in the North Lanarkshire area.
You will now be able to access these services within your local Health Centre.
The services on offer include:
- General Benefits Advice: including Income Support, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Attendance Allowance, Tax Credits, Child Benefit, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Industrial Injuries, Housing and Council Tax Benefit, Under Occupancy, Scottish Welfare Fund etc.
- Advice and Assistance with :
– Completion of benefit claim forms
– Mandatory Reconsiderations and appeals including representation at appeal tribunals
– Benefit Sanctions
– Referrals to Money Advice, Credit Union and Well Connected
Welfare Benefits advice will be provided by experienced staff with an in-depth knowledge of welfare benefits, housing services, mandatory reconsideration and representation and benefit sanctions.
Welfare Rights Officers will do their utmost to meet your requirements and where necessary and with your consent, they can refer and signpost you to other relevant statutory and third agencies in order to ensure that all of your needs are properly addressed.
Please note, the advice provided will be free, independent, impartial and confidential.
A Welfare Rights Officer will be available in:
Airdrie Community Health Centre every Wednesday 9.30AM – 16.00PM